As we step into This Month in Kingston – November 2023, we embark on a journey of togetherness and festivity. With an array of events and activities, there’s no better place to be as the holiday activities begin. From mesmerizing musical performances to heartfelt tributes to our veterans, and from delightful holiday markets to the magic of Santa’s arrival, there’s something for everyone to look forward to this month. Let’s dive into the exciting events that will light up Kingston in November 2023.
Dean Brody Live at the Grand Theatre
- Date: November 3rd
- Time: 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Grand Theatre
- Description: Experience the magic of Canadian country music artist Dean Brody as he takes you on a chronological journey through his music and captivating story. Dean Brody’s unique blend of traditional country sounds with rock and pop influences has earned him a massive following. Don’t miss this must-see event at the Grand Theatre in Kingston, offering an intimate acoustic performance that promises a memorable evening. Click here for more information.
Judgement of Kingston 2023
- Date: November 4th
- Time: 3:30–6:00 p.m.
- Location: Residence Inn by Marriott (Water’s Edge)
- Description: Experience Kingston’s annual wine-tasting event, the Judgement of Kingston 2023, at the Residence Inn by Marriott (Water’s Edge) on November 4th. Enjoy a blind tasting of 6 County Chardonnays, comparing them with wines from other renowned regions. This event celebrates the art of winemaking and supports culinary tourism while raising funds for regional charities. Tickets available at judgmentofkingston.ca. Explore the world of wine and contribute to a great cause.
City’s Civic Service of Remembrance
- Date: November 11th
- Time: 9:15 a.m.
- Location: McDonald Park
- Description: On November 11th, 2023, the City’s Civic Service of Remembrance will honor our veterans at the Cross of Sacrifice Cenotaph in McDonald Park, near Murney Tower on King Street at the foot of George Street. The event kicks off at 9:15 a.m. as community groups lay wreaths in honor of those who served. Following that, at 10:15 a.m., veterans and military groups will also lay wreaths. It’s a solemn and respectful way to pay tribute to those who have sacrificed for our nation. Join in honoring our heroes on this important day.
Earthly Mama Bohemian Holiday Market
- Date: November 18th, 2023
- Time: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Location: Fractal Workspace, 623 Fortune Crescent #100
- Description: Prepare for the holiday season at the Earthly Mama Bohemian Holiday Market. This one-day pop-up shop event on November 18th, 2023, will showcase a variety of small Canadian businesses from Kingston and the surrounding area. Explore a diverse range of boho-style products and support shopping small this holiday season. Debit and credit payments are accepted, making it a convenient and unique shopping experience. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to find one-of-a-kind gifts for the upcoming holidays. Click here to view the Facebook event.
Home for the Holidays Gift and Craft Market
- Date: November 18th, 2023
- Time: 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Location: LCVI (153 Van Order Drive)
- Description: Join Habitat for Humanity Kingston Limestone Region on Saturday, November 18th, 2023, for their annual “Home for the Holidays Gift and Craft Market.” This event features fantastic local vendors, festive music, and an exciting opportunity to help decorate a parade float. All proceeds from the event will go towards supporting Habitat for Humanity Kingston Limestone Region’s Homebuilding Project, contributing to their ongoing development efforts. For more information and to learn more about this event, visit the event page here.
Nighttime Santa Parade
- Date: November 18th
- Time: 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Downtown Princess Street
- Description: Get ready for a magical evening in Kingston as we kick off the holiday season with the Nighttime Santa Parade. This festive event begins where Princess Street meets Bath Road, featuring live music, colorful characters, and the main attraction, Santa Claus himself. The parade will march down Princess Street, creating a joyful procession that leads to Springer Market Square for the heartwarming Tree Lighting in the Square. But it’s more than just a parade – you can also write Letters to Santa and join Santa and Mrs. Claus as they return to Kingston. Be part of the holiday magic, and don’t miss out on reliving the enchantment!
2023 Fall Metal Rocks Show & Sale
- Date(s): Thursday – Sunday, November 23 – 26, 2023 (Hours Vary)
- Location: Tett Centre, Rehearsal Hall
- Description: The 2023 Fall Metal Rocks Show & Sale, presented by the Kingston Lapidary and Mineral Club (KLMC), is an annual event that will take place from November 23 to 26 in the Rehearsal Hall on the 2nd Floor at the Tett Centre. This holiday show features unique handcrafted jewelry, rocks, minerals, home decor, and gift ideas created by KLMC members. Admission to the show is free, and it will be held in conjunction with the Kingston Potters’ Guild annual fall sale. Explore an array of handcrafted items and unique gift ideas while supporting local artisans during this exciting four-day event. Click here for more details.
McKinnon Brothers Holiday Market
- Dates: November 25-26 & December 2-3, 2023
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Each Day)
- Location: 1915 County Rd 22, Bath, ON
- Description: Get ready for a festive extravaganza at the McKinnon Brothers Holiday Market! This delightful event features a diverse array of over 50 local artisan and food vendors each weekend. Admission is $10 in cash at the gate, and kids 12 and under get in for free. You can expect a wide variety of vendors, offering everything from handmade crafts to delicious local food. The market is the perfect place to kickstart your holiday shopping and support local artisans. Enjoy holiday activities like photos with Santa, cookie decorating, sleigh rides, and more!
Kingston Frontenac Games
- Dates: Multiple dates throughout November
- Location: Leon’s Centre
- Description: Cheer on our local hockey heroes this October as they hit the ice at the Leon’s Centre in Kingston. Get ready for an action-packed month of thrilling games, unforgettable moments, and the excitement of live hockey. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or new to the sport, there’s no better way to spend your evenings than by supporting our local team. Check out the full schedule and secure your tickets here to witness the Frontenacs in action. Show your hometown pride and be part of the cheering crowd as we come together to support our local hockey team.
Walking and Hiking Trails
Enjoy Kingston’s walking and hiking trails this fall as the weather cools down and leaves change colors. These trails cater to all fitness levels, offering diverse scenic experiences. Whether up for a challenging hike or a leisurely walk, you’ll traverse forests dressed in autumn hues. Experience the crisp air, crunching leaves, and earthy scents that define the season. Kingston’s trails come in various lengths and difficulties, providing access to fall’s wonders, from panoramic views to tranquil riverfront paths. Bundle up, put on your hiking boots, and venture out to witness nature’s fall transformation. Click here for more trail information and get ready to explore Kingston’s captivating fall landscapes.
Kingston Fall Markets
As autumn’s colors paint Kingston, it’s time to savor the city’s cozy markets. From the rich aromas of freshly baked pies to the vibrant hues of hand-knit scarves, our fall markets offer a sensory feast of seasonal delights. Explore local craft fairs and discover unique handmade treasures that celebrate the talents of our artisans. Kingston’s fall markets are where you’ll find everything from apple cider to artisanal crafts, connecting you with the community and supporting our local economy. Click here for more details.
- Kingston Public Market in Springer Market Square: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Memorial Centre Farmers’ Market: Sundays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Check out our blog for monthly updates and helpful tips on buying, selling, and owning real estate. Stay tuned for more engaging content, and feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions with us. We are committed to bringing you the best content and resources to make your experience in Kingston unforgettable!